Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bid Goodbye to 2011

Oopsyyy! I just realized that I actually forgotten one important thing in my last post. To wish everyone a very Happy New Year! Its just the beginning of Feb so not considered too late right? Hehe =p

For those who read my previous post would know where I spent my New Year this year. Yup yup yup, in London it is! Twas such an awesome and memorable one. Last year I missed the London eye fireworks cause I was in Birmingham celebrating with my bunch of college friends. When I came home after that, I watched it from youtube and gosh, it just reminds me of how pathetic was the one I saw in Birmingham >.<

31st December 2011


Took the super early train down to
London Kings Cross. Walked over to
St.Pancras once we arrived to take
a picture with this! Apparently, it the world's
largest Lego Christmas tree. It took two months
to build and contains 600,000 bricks.


Checked in to our hostel and all 6 hungry ghost
headed straight for some Jap food in Chinatown.
Sushi crave not satisfied yet but Japanese curry
crave is!


Then off to Selfridges. Always wanted to try
the Pierre Herme macarons there. We finally
did! The macarons were so gooddddd and I love
them. Even better than the ones from Pierre
Ledent which I got from Brussels. Those were
already super good, so imagine this?! Maybe
I'm exaggerating abit too much LOL But trust me,
it's seriously worth the money =)


After some shopping along Oxford street, we are here again!
Last dinner for 2011. Nothing can be more satisfying
than having a warm bowl of Kimchi soup down the
stomach during winter ^.^


It was just a year ago that we had our boxing day dinner
here, and see how time flies! We're here again a year later
but for new year's eve =)


After much squeezing and pushing, we finally made it to
the center of the crowd in Embankment and stood there for
almost 3 hours under the rain. Look at the crowd
and you'll know how much time we spent just to get a
close-to-perfect spot for the fireworks. There's this annoying
lamp post blocking part of the view, nevertheless we had no
choice but to stay right there cause there was simply
too much people and we cant afford to lose the spot that
we got earlier.


Look how amazing were the fireworks! It
definitely did not let us down. Maybe the
pictures don't tell much, but imagine watching
it in front of your eyes? For fireworks lover like
me, it really is the best firework that I've ever
watched for the past 21 years.

1st January 2012


Started our first day of 2012 like typical tourists! Visited
the Big Ben, London Eye and Buckingham palace again LOL
Simply cause my beloved friends are always too busy
spending money in Oxford Street and never had time
for these attraction spots each time they visit London.
Haha. Since everywhere is close on New Year, so why not?


Lunch with papaya milk and pearls <3


After watching the parade along Green Park, we made our
way to the Lyceum Theatre for the musical that we have
been anticipating for since October. Lion King it is! But guess
what, I slept for almost 50% of the show. Someone please stab
me! Such a good musical and we fell asleep?! Blame the fireworks
last night. Felt as if I just burned 40 pounds in the fire *sigh*


After watching 'sleeping beauty' instead of Lion King,
Covent Garden was our next stop. For more macarons!
Haha. But this time from Laduree instead. Not bad but
still prefer Pierre Herme =p


Next, is dinner time! If you want good steaks,
this is the place you definitely should be visiting.
Gaucho <3 The complimentary cheese dough was
the bomb starter. See the cheese oozing out from
it??? Don't you just wish you have one in your mouth
now??? =p


Me and my Rump Steak! With spinach as sides =)
The other two were the sirlion and the pork loin
with sweet potatoes.


Hopefully this is not our last New Year celebration together.
But I guess it most probably will be =(


Tower Bridge at night! Just outside the restaurant.
Beautiful isn't it? I think it is ^^

For some, New Year is no more than a change of a calendar. For others, this event symbolizes the beginning of a better tomorrow. No matter what it means to all of you out there, I hope you guys had a really great time like me and Happy New Year once again =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment