Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fab Fab Februlicious

Blog has been under hiatus for weeks. Why no updates??? Again! Its the lazy me. Procrastination as usual. Lab work started 3 weeks ago and surprisingly, am not as busy as I expected yet. Instead I was too busy booking flight tickets and planning my easter and summer holidays =.=''' Almost 1000gbp gone in just 2 days. So I'm practically broke now!

Anyway, gonna wrap up february in this post. So read up!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Fab fab february started off with heavy snowwwww which only lasted for a night. Waited since November for it to come and finallyyyyy!!! Weather here has been really weird this year. Last year snow came around November and it lasted for about 2 weeks. Winter was pretty long then. During this time last year, I was still battling with the cold but look how sunny it is now! Double digit temperature can u imagine? Guess spring is about to step in =)


Snow was so heavy that it actually become so thick,
just enough for snow fight!


After the long wait, I managed to make my very first snow
angelllll. Nice nice??? Hehe =p


We tried out something new this winter too!
Sledding down the Portland hill. It was so much fun and
honestly, I didn't have enough of it. If only the snow lasted
longer, I would definitely go for another round.


Too lazy to make a big snowman but petite ones
are equally cute isn't it?


Wondering who made this?! Simply amazed by it.
Definitely not an easy task!


The ultimate fun and spontaneous group!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No more lectures this semester and each and everyone has their own lab work to do in different places. Hence, we don't get to meet much often like we used to anymore. So, having random dinners could be the best way for us to catch up.


Started off with hotpot buffet in China Fu. Love their fish head soup.
Prolly cause I haven been having it for such a long time and I
seriously missed it so much. FISH!!!! ><


Their sweet potato and pumpkin dessert was the winner
of the night! After the first bite, we went crazy and started
ordering more and more. 6 of us had 48 of these. Scary??? But true.
So imagine how good it was. The owner must have regretted for
placing this dessert as part of the buffet. Or only for our case? =p

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

14/2/2012. Valentine's. A day that all couples anticipated for. But for us, the singles, it's just like any other day. Every year has been the same. Just a few of us having a decent dinner together. Nothing special.


After a long tiring day in lab, good food always makes me
a happy girl again! Thali from Tamatanga. Always my love <3


The night ended with some chit chat session at Sinatra
over cocktails ^^


This valentine has been a bit extraordinary. Cause our beloved
thorn bought roses for the roses!!! Who said valentine is only
for couples???

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

It's another SPICE night! Last year, I was down the stage, watching the performance while gobbling on the free food. This year??? I was on the stage, performing! Shocking shocking??? I was shock myself too when I agreed to be part of the dancing team this year. Haha. Always wanted to dance but never got the chance. I gave up the opportunity last year due to my laziness. Too lazy to walk all the way to Portland for practices. Plus the cold weather outside just makes me feel like staying indoor. But this time, I decided to fight against the laziness and do something different. And yup! I did not regret at all and I'm glad I made the first step. I really really do enjoy the practices and the time spent with the crew.

After all, what's life all about when you don't do something unusual?! Agree???


SNSD wannabe =)


Mr Taxi. Wanted to upload the video but the file was simply
too big and I have no idea how to compress it or whatsoever.
But it's everywhere on FB anyway, so sneak a peek there!


The drummer, the guitarist and the lead singer. Guess what?
They are all my lecturers O.o Surprising isn't it?! We were
totally impressed by their talents!


Cheers!!! The after party celebration at Mooch ^.^

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Last but not least, a lil updates regarding my lab work! The research I chose was regarding the antihypertensive effects of garlic oil. The project is still kinda boring. Probably cause it's still on the trial stage and we have not really started testing on the individual compounds of garlic oil yet. The project is also making me a lackadaisical girl once again. I've been slacking a lot lately. Seriously ALOT! =s


Dissecting the porcine pulmonary artery. My favourite thing
to do every morning and apparently it's the most interesting
part of the experiment =.=

One thing that I hated about this experiment is the smell. The garlic OMG!!! I used to love the smell especially when you use it for cooking. But imagine smelling it everyday? After 2 weeks, I sorta got sick of it and feel like puking everytime I enter the lab. The smell is everywhere!!! In the lab, at home and on myself >< 6 more weeks to go =x

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Before I forget, one super duper important thing to that I have to inform all of my beloved readers! All the hardwork paid off and........

I'M GRADUATING THIS JULY!!!

=D

3 comments:

Xiao Chun said...

Wow! Amazing life! haha

Casey said...

Hehhee. I bet u had an amazing one too! =)

Xiao Chun said...

aarrrrgggghhhh...coming here can learn wat i want but the life here is soooo bad! like living in a kampung, lolz. No transport very pity here.

Post a Comment